INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Hearing Aids

Enter here for humour and irreverence.
Lon

Hearing Aids

#1 Post by Lon » April 23rd, 2013, 10:46 pm

I have a profound hearing loss and wear BTE 's (behind the ear) hearing aids. A fellow golfer asked me the other day if they were expensive and I replied that my particular aids cost $20,000 USD. WOW he said, I had no idea that they were that expensive. I then told him that mine would interpret four different languages and that is why they were so expensive, I said this with a straight face and remained silent. :wink:

Fia

Re: Hearing Aids

#2 Post by Fia » April 23rd, 2013, 11:02 pm

Och, Lon, all you need is a babel fish :D

Alan H

#3 Post by Alan H » April 23rd, 2013, 11:06 pm

:pointlaugh:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

lewist

#4 Post by lewist » April 24th, 2013, 5:39 pm

Surely that is a Babelfish? However, given what mobile phones will do, is it not quite possible? Hey, that's the basic version, Lon! For a bit extra you could have had fifty languages!
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Alan H

#5 Post by Alan H » April 24th, 2013, 6:09 pm

lewist wrote:Surely that is a Babelfish? However, given what mobile phones will do, is it not quite possible? Hey, that's the basic version, Lon! For a bit extra you could have had fifty languages!
I only discovered recently that the iPhone's Siri, which listens to your voice and answers your question is (partially at least) processed on Apple's servers and not completely on your phone. Given that, it might not be too long before it does simultaneous translations!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#6 Post by Dave B » April 24th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Yeah, but who wants to hang that behind their ear? :D
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015