INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Favourite humorous websites

Enter here for humour and irreverence.
Tetenterre

Re: Favourite humorous websites

#181 Post by Tetenterre » June 17th, 2012, 9:36 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Fia wrote: Really? Hair removal cream agony? Contemplate childbirth my testosteroned friends :yahbooh:
I am told that the pain of childbirth is approximately equivalent to that of passing a large kidney stone, which is something that my testosterone has not prevented (and something which I'd rather not contemplate), so :yahbooh: to you too! :wink:
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

stevenw888

#182 Post by stevenw888 » June 20th, 2012, 12:21 pm

The smallest computer in the world....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3GLc6ru ... e=youtu.be
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." - From the film "Top Gun"

Nick

#183 Post by Nick » August 14th, 2012, 7:10 pm

High time we had another entry in this thread!

I give you The Onion :laughter:

(Sorry about the ad.s though... Just let them run through...)

Dave B

#184 Post by Dave B » August 14th, 2012, 7:20 pm

Hits the spot every time!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Tetenterre

#185 Post by Tetenterre » August 17th, 2012, 11:57 am

Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Alan H

#186 Post by Alan H » August 17th, 2012, 12:35 pm

:hilarity: :hilarity: :hilarity:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Alan H

#187 Post by Alan H » September 14th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Ken H

#188 Post by Ken H » September 14th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Fookin' hilarious!

My wife didn't get it though - and she's Irish. :shrug:
This is one of the great social functions of science - to free people of superstition. - Steven Weinberg

Dave B

#189 Post by Dave B » September 14th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Fookin' hilarious!
I thought it was "fecking" in Irish :D

As in the famous Uxbridge English Dictionary: "Feckless: Irish without the swear words."
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#190 Post by Alan H » September 29th, 2012, 11:10 am

Revealed: the PIN number of everyone who has a credit or debit card. Is your PIN number on this list.? Check NOW!
Alan Henness

Dave B

#191 Post by Dave B » September 29th, 2012, 11:27 am

'Course it is! But they only get three tries before the card is swallowed by the machine. I often wonder how many people have the same PIN number as me, merely the customers of the bank I use let alone all card holding people in the world!
Me, 2015

Tetenterre

#192 Post by Tetenterre » September 30th, 2012, 10:41 am

PIN numbers are like HIV viruses!
Steve

Dave B

#193 Post by Dave B » September 30th, 2012, 10:47 am

?
Me, 2015

Tetenterre

#194 Post by Tetenterre » September 30th, 2012, 5:35 pm

What do the 'N' in PIN and the 'V' in HIV stand for?

(On the batphone with Tapatalk)
Steve

Dave B

#195 Post by Dave B » September 30th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Tetenterre wrote:What do the 'N' in PIN and the 'V' in HIV stand for?
"Number" and "Virus".

[I still don't get any connection . . .]
Me, 2015

Alan H

#196 Post by Alan H » September 30th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Me neither! :shrug:
Alan Henness

thundril

#197 Post by thundril » September 30th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Personal Identification Number number
Human Immunodefficiency Virus virus.

Alan H

#198 Post by Alan H » September 30th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Ah!
Alan Henness

Dave B

#199 Post by Dave B » September 30th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Oh, a bit of tautology.

Yup, just checked, I did it as well :sad2:
Me, 2015

Alan H

#200 Post by Alan H » October 1st, 2012, 11:32 am

The Onion strikes again

by Sharon Hill on September 30, 2012 at 11:09 am

Onion article cited as fact by Iran news agency – US news – Weird news | NBC News.

A joke by the satirical website The Onion appears to have gotten lost in translation.

An Iranian news agency picked up — as fact — a story from the paper about a supposed Gallup survey showing an overwhelming majority of rural white Americans would rather vote for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than President Barack Obama. But it was made up, like everything in the just-for-laughs newspaper, which is headquartered in Chicago.

The English-language service of Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency republished the story Friday, several days after it appeared in The Onion.

The Iranian version copied the original word-for-word, even including a made-up quote from a fictional West Virginia resident who says he’d rather go to a baseball game with Ahmadinejad because “he takes national defense seriously, and he’d never let some gay protesters tell him how to run his country like Obama does.”

Homosexual acts are punishable by death in Iran, and Ahmadinejad famously said during a 2007 appearance at Columbia University that “in Iran we don’t have homosexuals like in your country.”
The Onion made a joke out of the mistake. Many people fall for parody websites. That should tell us something. The current news is sometimes so absurd that we can no longer tell real from parody.

For more: Poe’s Law and for when this happened to a parody story about me: Editorial: Be a skeptic so you won’t fall for this stuff
Alan Henness

Alan C.

#201 Post by Alan C. » October 29th, 2012, 9:11 pm

This seems legit. :D
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.