INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Favourite humorous websites

Enter here for humour and irreverence.
Alan H

Re: Favourite humorous websites

#161 Post by Alan H » December 24th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

If you look at Google.com now, they have a xmas theme. Unfortunately, their snowflake isn't right. Snowflakes have six-fold symmetry, not eight! [/pedant]
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Tetenterre

#162 Post by Tetenterre » December 24th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Oh well, if we're being pedantic: :laughter:

Snow crystals can have 6-fold symmetry, but the majority don't; snow flakes, which are usually amorphous agglomerations of crystals, have none.

(See, for example, Ken Libbrecht's Field Guide to Snowflakes)
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Alan H

#163 Post by Alan H » December 24th, 2011, 3:33 pm

:laughter:
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

getreal

#164 Post by getreal » December 28th, 2011, 8:56 pm

"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Alan H

#165 Post by Alan H » December 28th, 2011, 11:01 pm

getreal wrote:Re baby recall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFANzZTdYM
Any excuse! :wink:
Alan Henness

stevenw888

#166 Post by stevenw888 » December 29th, 2011, 1:39 pm

We all enjoyed this clip round at my daughter's house on Boxing Day morning....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." - From the film "Top Gun"

getreal

#167 Post by getreal » December 29th, 2011, 3:31 pm

I've seen it before, but ut's well worth another visit.

81MILLION views???? Incredible.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

bindeweede

#168 Post by bindeweede » January 20th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Yes, it's old, but something of a classic.

"Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory".

http://www.theonion.com/articles/evange ... -int,1778/

Emma Woolgatherer

#169 Post by Emma Woolgatherer » February 25th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Alan H

#170 Post by Alan H » March 1st, 2012, 12:40 am

Not so much a funny website (in fact, definitely not a funny website, but a very good one!), but a list of the searches that have brought people to anarchic_teapot's website:

Searchindipity, February 2012: It doesn’t get better

Has to be seen to be believed. I'll maybe have a closer look at our websites and see if there are any as bizarre as "does reiki make you fart" and "dalek tea"...
Alan Henness

Marian

#171 Post by Marian » March 1st, 2012, 5:16 am

Thanks for that AlanH. Perfect timing and just what the in-house dr called for.
Transformative fire...

Dave B

#172 Post by Dave B » March 1st, 2012, 9:24 am

Alan H wrote:Not so much a funny website (in fact, definitely not a funny website, but a very good one!), but a list of the searches that have brought people to anarchic_teapot's website:

Searchindipity, February 2012: It doesn’t get better

Has to be seen to be believed. I'll maybe have a closer look at our websites and see if there are any as bizarre as "does reiki make you fart" and "dalek tea"...
IIRC the New Scientist used to have a little cfeature involving Goggling searches that found accidental funnies like this when spelling mistakes were searched on. If you enter "goggle" Google "corrects" this to Google.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#173 Post by Alan H » March 25th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Derek Acorah and ‘spirit guide’ split because of ‘artistic differences’

Television medium, Derek Acorah and his ‘spirit guide’ Sam have announced they are to split. They have cited their ‘artistic differences’ as the main reason, with Sam becoming ever more disillusioned with the vague nature of Derek’s readings.

In an interview via Ouija Board, Sam told reporters ‘the level of detail I used to give Derek would have been enough identify even the most bland looking of people, but so he could string out a reading, and his £120 per hour fee, he would give the bare minimum. At our last reading together, I told him about a 76 year old lady called Mrs Hume-Winslow, that used to work as a horse trainer, and died of pneumonia. She had three kids, the eldest of which was in prison for fraud. All he asked the 2,000 strong audience was ’Does anybody know a Mary’. I mean, why do I bother?’

Although the nature of Derek’s readings has been put forward as the reason for the split, Sam has also complained he was treated like a slave. ‘He takes all the credit, but I do all the work, even penning his first book’ he complained. ‘The pressure that put on me drove me to drink. It was the first book to be ghost written by an alcoholic spirit.’

Speculation over Mr Acorah’s future has already begun, with predictions ranging from him not being able to connect the living with the deceased, to him not being able to see any film with Bruce Willis. He has said he was disappointed by the sudden decision of his former spirit guide and denied some reports this is just a publicity stunt. ‘He has made me look silly and potentially taken away my livelihood’ he told us. ‘Why would I want to get back with him? He’s dead to me.’

Mr Acorah has also reacted angrily to criticism that he should really have seen it coming. ‘How could I have known what Sam was thinking’ he snapped. ‘I’m not bloody psychic!’
Alan Henness

Dave B

#174 Post by Dave B » April 6th, 2012, 12:41 pm

"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#175 Post by Alan H » June 1st, 2012, 11:28 am

Alan Henness

Tetenterre

#176 Post by Tetenterre » June 1st, 2012, 4:15 pm

Wow! from "light relief" to "genius" in less than a year!
http://forum.thinkhumanism.com/viewtopi ... 4&#p109604
:laughter:
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Dave B

#177 Post by Dave B » June 1st, 2012, 4:42 pm

I thought I had a deja vu moment there . . . :laughter:
Me, 2015

Alan H

#178 Post by Alan H » June 16th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Customer reviews on amazon for Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme. Yep, you just correctly answered your own question.

Nothing more needs said.
Alan Henness

Fia

#179 Post by Fia » June 16th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Alan H wrote:Nothing more needs said.
Really? Hair removal cream agony? Contemplate childbirth my testosteroned friends :yahbooh:

Alan H

#180 Post by Alan H » June 16th, 2012, 11:12 pm

:D

My favourite review was:
Excellent product. Most prisoners confessed within five minutes of the first application. Can recommend.

Yours,
Ali Muhabarakah,
Secret Police, Damascus
Alan Henness

Tetenterre

#181 Post by Tetenterre » June 17th, 2012, 9:36 am

Fia wrote: Really? Hair removal cream agony? Contemplate childbirth my testosteroned friends :yahbooh:
I am told that the pain of childbirth is approximately equivalent to that of passing a large kidney stone, which is something that my testosterone has not prevented (and something which I'd rather not contemplate), so :yahbooh: to you too! :wink:
Steve