INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Crop Circles

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Message
Author
User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#21 Post by Lifelinking » August 21st, 2009, 11:58 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Hence the expression, "if I see one more alien I am going to shit a crap circle"
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

User avatar
jaywhat
Posts: 15807
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#22 Post by jaywhat » August 22nd, 2009, 6:53 am

Not much reference to destruction of crops or trespassing or illegal activity - perhaps I missed it.

Hundovir
Posts: 806
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 3:23 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#23 Post by Hundovir » August 22nd, 2009, 7:33 am

But surely that doesn't matter if the farmers concerned have been visited by a higher intelligence?
:wink:

Zoe
Posts: 564
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 4:08 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#24 Post by Zoe » August 22nd, 2009, 10:17 am

Lifelinking wrote:Hence the expression, "if I see one more alien I am going to shit a crap circle"
:laughter: Yes, of course. I'm constantly hearing that expression. I'd say it's somewhat overused.

User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#25 Post by Lifelinking » August 22nd, 2009, 11:25 am

A veritable cliche in crop circle circles...
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

User avatar
jaywhat
Posts: 15807
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#26 Post by jaywhat » August 23rd, 2009, 7:19 am

Lifelinking wrote:A veritable cliche in crop circle circles...

at first I read that as 'a vegetable cliche' :smile:

Hundovir
Posts: 806
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 3:23 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#27 Post by Hundovir » August 23rd, 2009, 7:47 am

"Cool as a cucumber" ?

User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#28 Post by Lifelinking » August 23rd, 2009, 10:38 am

phew, what a marrow escape..

you always hurt the onion you love..

Religion? shallot of old rubbish..
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

Hundovir
Posts: 806
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 3:23 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#29 Post by Hundovir » August 23rd, 2009, 12:59 pm

Peas on earth.

"Tomato! Tomato!
I love ya Tomato!
You're always
A day
A way!"

User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#30 Post by Lifelinking » August 23rd, 2009, 6:28 pm

Herb today, corn tomarrow
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#31 Post by Alan H » August 23rd, 2009, 6:32 pm

Someone's got to say it, but :offtopic:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#32 Post by Lifelinking » August 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm

ok

Manipulate crop circles and kill aliens here
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

User avatar
getreal
Posts: 4354
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#33 Post by getreal » August 23rd, 2009, 6:51 pm

Lifelinking wrote:ok

Manipulate crop circles and kill aliens here

:puzzled: How on earth do you find these obscure links?
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

User avatar
Alan C.
Posts: 10356
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#34 Post by Alan C. » August 23rd, 2009, 6:57 pm

getreal wrote:
Lifelinking wrote:ok

Manipulate crop circles and kill aliens here

:puzzled: How on earth do you find these obscure links?
He's in the job,
taps nose with index finger.
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#35 Post by Alan H » August 23rd, 2009, 6:57 pm

If only I could work out how to play that game...I might be able to save the world...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Elanor
Posts: 44
Joined: August 5th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#36 Post by Elanor » August 27th, 2009, 1:31 am

Well, I just discovered that the conversation was moved to a new thread. I thought the topic had gone cold!

I'm impressed that you went to some effort to look it up, and enjoyed reading your findings. I shall have to be more skeptical in the future.

Now to attempt to answer some questions and thoughts...there's a lot of ground to cover here...

Oh, Darn. The box doesn't scroll down far enough.

User avatar
Elanor
Posts: 44
Joined: August 5th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#37 Post by Elanor » August 27th, 2009, 1:56 am

OK,

Complexity co-inciding with the development of computers: Yes. Maybe computers do have something to do with it, like for planning them, laying them out, or something that has yet to be understood. Remote Human creation, no scientific evidence. Yeah, that's what makes it intruiging to me. I wanna know how it happens. I've (merely) heard they lay flat in a matter of seconds. Perhaps too much sci-fi in my life though, I admit. I grew up on Star Trek.

Dimentional space representations: ones with pyramids within hexagons within cubes, that look concave or convex depending how you look at them, illusions yes. And others I can't remember but looked really weird, sorry, I'm being indistinct again.

Why I think there's something strange afoot: because from the information I have had, there is no adequate explanation, and a mystery, to me like unto many other humans, is irresistable.

But like you say, perhaps I have let my imagination run away with me in my eagerness to find "More" in the world. Or maybe it's just an interest of mine, that you don't share, and don't have to. I thank you for participating in the discussion and the research! But I will likely still read up on, watch movies and documentaries about, and listen to stories about: telekinesis, esp, ghosts, pyrokinesis and other stuff though, even if just for fun. : )

User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#38 Post by Lifelinking » August 27th, 2009, 3:31 pm

there is no adequate explanation
People go in to fields and make them.

Why is this inadequate?
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

User avatar
getreal
Posts: 4354
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#39 Post by getreal » August 27th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Oh! Nooooooooooooooo!!!

I thought it was angels!!

My illusions have been shattered.

Back on topic.
Why do people feel that this world is not enough?

This world is beautiful and complex. Science is amazing and absorbing.

We have no need to invent force fields, energy zones, life forces.......

It saddens me.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

User avatar
Lifelinking
Posts: 3248
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 11:56 am

Re: Crop Circles

#40 Post by Lifelinking » August 27th, 2009, 8:29 pm

Some of the folk who do it may be Angles, or Saxons for that matter.
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

User avatar
getreal
Posts: 4354
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Re: Crop Circles

#41 Post by getreal » August 27th, 2009, 8:32 pm

:laughter:
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Post Reply