INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

The Nightingale Collaboration

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Alan H

#1 Post by Alan H » October 17th, 2010, 12:26 am

For those who didn't see the announcement in the insomniacs' thread:

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Marian

Re: The Nightingale Collaboration

#2 Post by Marian » October 17th, 2010, 3:10 am

Your name in lights!! Excellent work, AlanH
Transformative fire...

jaywhat

#3 Post by jaywhat » October 17th, 2010, 9:04 am

Well done Alan and Maria - I have asked to be kept informed of developments by email

getreal

#4 Post by getreal » October 17th, 2010, 12:24 pm

Great, Alan and Maria!
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Val

#5 Post by Val » October 17th, 2010, 8:51 pm

it would make my brain hurt to be a volunteer, I have not got enough sinapses left working. However I will attend with interest to your progress and support the collection wherever and whenever I can.

Fia

#6 Post by Fia » October 17th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Wow - there's nothing quite like putting your time and money where your mouth is, well done indeed :happyclappy:

Now the work starts, I guess... are you thinking of loads of volunteers all over the place doing a bit, or a few doing a lot? Is there something, say, I can do for a couple of hours a week in the middle of nowhere?...

Alan H

#7 Post by Alan H » October 17th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Thanks for all the support!

We're looking at the campaigns, but there is a lot of work to do alongside that. There will be different campaigns, requiring people with different skills. Don't worry, we'll let you know! :wink:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Ken H

#8 Post by Ken H » October 18th, 2010, 8:52 pm

Very commendable. We could use something like this in the US.
This is one of the great social functions of science - to free people of superstition. - Steven Weinberg

Paolo

#9 Post by Paolo » October 18th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Awesome stuff guys, I saw the announcement - it's a great idea and I can't think of anyone better placed to execute it. I hope I'll be able to contribute some time to the collaboration (when I finally have some time available again!)

Lifelinking

#10 Post by Lifelinking » October 18th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Very cool :wink:
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney