INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Malware

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
coffee

Malware

#1 Post by coffee » July 6th, 2015, 9:53 am

HI,

Does internet mobile fones affected by malware? Because I am worry about my passwords and login account details stolen as I use internet on my mobile fone.

Alan H

Re: Malware

#2 Post by Alan H » July 6th, 2015, 10:19 am

I'm sure there are some smart phone malware out there, but not sure the extent of the problem. Android phones are probably the most susceptible.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee

#3 Post by coffee » July 7th, 2015, 9:18 am

Thanks Alan.

Is there anything else I need to be aware about internet mobile fones? Anyone?

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » July 8th, 2015, 10:18 am

This was posted today: Whoa! Nearly 5,000 new Android malware samples discovered each day in Q1 2015

It could be well worth browsing Graham's site to find out more.
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee

#5 Post by coffee » July 11th, 2015, 9:14 am

Thanks Alan, I look at it when I have time.

Is there anti virus software for android fones? I asked my mobile company and they said I don't need one.

Is this true?

Alan H

#6 Post by Alan H » July 11th, 2015, 10:25 am

Athena and I have iPhones, so never had to look, but Kaspersky have: Internet Security for Android for £9.99, so they do exist.

I would strongly suggest getting something from the well-known names (Norton, Kaspersky, McAfee, etc) and not just from anyone - check a few computer/smartphone magazines for reviews and see whether or not they say having anything is actually worthwhile. Also probably better to go for a paid product rather than a free one, but make sure you keep it up to date.
Alan Henness

coffee

#7 Post by coffee » July 12th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Thank you very much for your help Alan.

Tetenterre

#8 Post by Tetenterre » July 12th, 2015, 1:12 pm

coffee wrote:Is there anti virus software for android fones?
I use the free AVG Antivirus on my Android phone. I'm also pretty careful about what I click on :-).
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

coffee

#9 Post by coffee » July 14th, 2015, 9:17 am

Thank you for reminding me Tetenterre, AVG antivirus is another good one.