INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Norberto Peralta

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
getreal

Norberto Peralta

#1 Post by getreal » July 17th, 2015, 11:55 am

The above named "doctor" started an alternative therapy practice in our little town a couple of years ago. Although he seems to be pushing the usual tosh, it seemed to concentrate on reiki (which appears to be waving your hands above someone's body) and although irritating, I didn't do anything about it.

Now however, I find he's making vague claims on his website regarding cancer "treatment" ( an infringement of the Cancer Act?) and it's just pissing me off.

So I've complained to trading standards. I'm surprised so far by how seriously they seem to be treating my complaint. They have contacted the gmc and requested a full search of their data base to establish of he is registered (his website claims he is a medical practitioner and he worked as a cardiologist and physiotherapist in Argentina). They have also contact another local council to forward their concerns as I live in a different LA from the shop.

Let's see what happens......
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Altfish

Re: Norberto Peralta

#2 Post by Altfish » July 17th, 2015, 12:00 pm

Well done

Nick

#3 Post by Nick » July 18th, 2015, 10:39 am

Well done for taking action. :thumbsup: Do keep us up to speed with what happens.

getreal

#4 Post by getreal » July 18th, 2015, 11:23 am

I think I'll take some photos of his window. It's covered in advertising.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

lewist

#5 Post by lewist » July 19th, 2015, 10:47 pm

I had a look at his website. He is well qualified in Reiki. :laughter:

He also claims, as you say, Getreal, to be a doctor. I wonder what brought him to Scotland.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Nick

#6 Post by Nick » July 20th, 2015, 10:14 am

Probably an airplane..... :wink:

lewist

#7 Post by lewist » July 20th, 2015, 11:29 am

I think you may mean an aeroplane, Nick.

I just had another look at the guy's website. It's like a Chinese handbook from the eighties; it doesn't make sense. Have a look at this!
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

getreal

#8 Post by getreal » July 20th, 2015, 10:31 pm

My brain hurts after reading that!

PercetonPhil

#9 Post by PercetonPhil » September 7th, 2019, 11:58 am

1st post: I was looking at taking Tai Chi instruction and came across Dr. Norberto Peralta who runs classes near me. I came across this post and am asking if anyone has had any further contact with him.