INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Interesting stuff

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Alan H

Re: Interesting stuff

#121 Post by Alan H » June 25th, 2014, 10:04 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Dave B wrote:Not exactly full of clues from the few I tried - guessing games don't do much for me.
Hmmm...I suppose if it's a featureless road somewhere then it is just guesswork, but the couple I tried had houses and other features and it was interesting to try to work out at least what part of the world it was in.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

Re: Interesting stuff

#122 Post by Dave B » June 25th, 2014, 10:13 am

Alan H wrote:
Dave B wrote:Not exactly full of clues from the few I tried - guessing games don't do much for me.
Hmmm...I suppose if it's a featureless road somewhere then it is just guesswork, but the couple I tried had houses and other features and it was interesting to try to work out at least what part of the world it was in.
Hmm, but the first picture I got was of a road with red soil and nondescript plants next to it. Could be anywhere, I went for central Australia and it was somewhere in S. America!

No, think I'll stick to games where the clues are there, even if subtle and requiring good observation and analysis, and don't require an extensive knowledge of geology or botany.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015