INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Post Reply
Message
Author
coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#341 Post by coffee » April 9th, 2018, 10:34 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Financial services bosses back the City to remain Europe's hub after Brexit: Brexit News for Monday 9 April

https://brexitcentral.com/today/brexit- ... y-9-april/

coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#342 Post by coffee » April 9th, 2018, 11:20 am

Brexit VICTORY! Top EU official PRAISES changing negotiation attitudes amongst EU27

BREXIT negotiations are “going quite well” thanks to a “changing attitude” amongst member states who have identified a “smooth transition” is in everybody’s interests, a top EU official has declared.

By THOMAS HUNT


https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/94334 ... ion-period

coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#343 Post by coffee » April 9th, 2018, 11:31 am

Welsh rural minister in bid to strengthen New Zealand links

Wales' Rural Affairs Secretary Lesley Griffiths is in New Zealand to "strengthen links between the two countries" ahead of Brexit.

She said there is a lot Wales and New Zealand can learn from each other.

The trip comes despite her previous warnings that a UK-New Zealand free trade deal could "destroy" the Welsh lamb industry.

Meat Promotion Wales chief Gwyn Howells said the nations could co-operate as they produce lamb in different seasons.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-43673832

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#344 Post by Alan H » April 9th, 2018, 12:09 pm

Keep 'em coming, coffee. These are hilarious with just the expected mix of bravado, hyperbole, ignorance and downright stupidity. They make for great reading - and lots of banging heads against desks.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6522
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#345 Post by animist » April 9th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Alan H wrote:Keep 'em coming, coffee. These are hilarious with just the expected mix of bravado, hyperbole, ignorance and downright stupidity. They make for great reading - and lots of banging heads against desks.
don't headbang too much, Alan - I need you as a beacon of sanity. BTW, just come back from my first local U3A Brexit group meeting. Most of the attendees (all oldies of course) are not happy about the B word, but I hope to stiffen their opposition

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6522
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#346 Post by animist » April 9th, 2018, 12:35 pm

coffee wrote:Brexit VICTORY! Top EU official PRAISES changing negotiation attitudes amongst EU27

BREXIT negotiations are “going quite well” thanks to a “changing attitude” amongst member states who have identified a “smooth transition” is in everybody’s interests, a top EU official has declared.

By THOMAS HUNT


https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/94334 ... ion-period
that really diminishes the meaning of "victory" to vanishing point

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#347 Post by Alan H » April 9th, 2018, 2:31 pm

animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:Keep 'em coming, coffee. These are hilarious with just the expected mix of bravado, hyperbole, ignorance and downright stupidity. They make for great reading - and lots of banging heads against desks.
don't headbang too much, Alan - I need you as a beacon of sanity. BTW, just come back from my first local U3A Brexit group meeting. Most of the attendees (all oldies of course) are not happy about the B word, but I hope to stiffen their opposition
Get them out on the streets protesting... :-)
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#348 Post by Alan H » April 9th, 2018, 2:31 pm

animist wrote:
coffee wrote:Brexit VICTORY! Top EU official PRAISES changing negotiation attitudes amongst EU27

BREXIT negotiations are “going quite well” thanks to a “changing attitude” amongst member states who have identified a “smooth transition” is in everybody’s interests, a top EU official has declared.

By THOMAS HUNT


https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/94334 ... ion-period
that really diminishes the meaning of "victory" to vanishing point
:pointlaugh:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#349 Post by coffee » April 9th, 2018, 6:36 pm

May signals Government target to cut immigration to remain in place post-Brexit

Theresa May has signalled that the Government’s goal of cutting net annual immigration below 100,000 will remain in place after Brexit.

The Prime Minister said she wanted to “continue to work to ensure that we address that particular target” after she was asked whether it will still be in place after Britain leaves the European Union (EU).

http://www.hillingdontimes.co.uk/news/1 ... st-brexit/

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6522
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#350 Post by animist » April 10th, 2018, 10:35 am

coffee wrote:May signals Government target to cut immigration to remain in place post-Brexit

Theresa May has signalled that the Government’s goal of cutting net annual immigration below 100,000 will remain in place after Brexit.

The Prime Minister said she wanted to “continue to work to ensure that we address that particular target” after she was asked whether it will still be in place after Britain leaves the European Union (EU).

http://www.hillingdontimes.co.uk/news/1 ... st-brexit/
phew, if you really want to know what is going on and really new, read the "Hillingdon & Uxbridge Times"

coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#351 Post by coffee » April 10th, 2018, 11:13 am

David Davis reckons final EU exit deal is ‘90 per cent done’

Barry Gardiner admits the Irish border issue is being “played up”: Brexit News for Tuesday 10 April

https://brexitcentral.com/today/brexit- ... -10-april/

-----------------

GET SET FOR BREXIT Brexit Secretary David Davis reveals final EU exit deal is ’90 per cent done’

Davis said that if he wrote on an envelope he could 'probably tell you 80-90 per cent of where we’ll end up'

EXCLUSIVE
By Lynn Davidson, Whitehall Correspondent
9th April 2018, 10:30 pmUpdated: 10th April 2018, 7:51 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6011943/d ... ly-agreed/

-----------------
Australia must be the UK’s number one target for a post-Brexit trade agreement

Emma McClarkin

Emma McClarkin, East Midlands MEP and the Conservative coordinator of the Europe

http://www.cityam.com/283691/australia- ... exit-trade

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#352 Post by Alan H » April 10th, 2018, 11:27 am

coffee wrote:Australia must be the UK’s number one target for a post-Brexit trade agreement

Emma McClarkin

Emma McClarkin, East Midlands MEP and the Conservative coordinator of the Europe

http://www.cityam.com/283691/australia- ... exit-trade
How much additional trade will we have to do with Australia to compensate for lost EU trade, coffee?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#353 Post by coffee » April 10th, 2018, 11:28 am

Norway offers to roll over UK trade agreements after Brexit

Oslo has ‘no objections to a transition period’ with ‘flexible solutions’

https://www.ft.com/content/73b0534c-3bf ... 972418fec4

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#354 Post by Nick » April 10th, 2018, 11:49 am

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:Australia must be the UK’s number one target for a post-Brexit trade agreement

Emma McClarkin

Emma McClarkin, East Midlands MEP and the Conservative coordinator of the Europe

http://www.cityam.com/283691/australia- ... exit-trade
How much additional trade will we have to do with Australia to compensate for lost EU trade, coffee?
Why are we going to lose trade with the EU, Alan? And who loses out?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#355 Post by Alan H » April 10th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:Australia must be the UK’s number one target for a post-Brexit trade agreement

Emma McClarkin

Emma McClarkin, East Midlands MEP and the Conservative coordinator of the Europe

http://www.cityam.com/283691/australia- ... exit-trade
How much additional trade will we have to do with Australia to compensate for lost EU trade, coffee?
Why are we going to lose trade with the EU, Alan? And who loses out?
Goodness. Glad you bit. I've read all sorts of stuff (a lot of it from the Government) saying how much worse off we're going to be and how the regulatory and other barriers will be, erm, barriers to trade once the Tories take us outside the SM and CU and our regulations diverge. Perhaps you believe trade with the EU will somehow increase or remain at the same level because of or despite those barriers? Or that we will be a net importer of unicorns and rainbows and everything will be fluffy and warm?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#356 Post by Nick » April 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote: How much additional trade will we have to do with Australia to compensate for lost EU trade, coffee?
Why are we going to lose trade with the EU, Alan? And who loses out?
Goodness. Glad you bit. I've read all sorts of stuff (a lot of it from the Government) saying how much worse off we're going to be and how the regulatory and other barriers will be, erm, barriers to trade once the Tories take us outside the SM and CU and our regulations diverge. Perhaps you believe trade with the EU will somehow increase or remain at the same level because of or despite those barriers? Or that we will be a net importer of unicorns and rainbows and everything will be fluffy and warm?
It's you who bit, Alan. It is the EU which is erecting unnecessary barriers, and its their citizens who will suffer too. But then, they don't give a stuff about the millions of their citizens they have sacrificed for their Project, do they?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#357 Post by Alan H » April 10th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote: Why are we going to lose trade with the EU, Alan? And who loses out?
Goodness. Glad you bit. I've read all sorts of stuff (a lot of it from the Government) saying how much worse off we're going to be and how the regulatory and other barriers will be, erm, barriers to trade once the Tories take us outside the SM and CU and our regulations diverge. Perhaps you believe trade with the EU will somehow increase or remain at the same level because of or despite those barriers? Or that we will be a net importer of unicorns and rainbows and everything will be fluffy and warm?
It's you who bit, Alan. It is the EU which is erecting unnecessary barriers, and its their citizens who will suffer too. But then, they don't give a stuff about the millions of their citizens they have sacrificed for their Project, do they?
LOL!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6522
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#358 Post by animist » April 11th, 2018, 9:10 am

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote: Why are we going to lose trade with the EU, Alan? And who loses out?
Goodness. Glad you bit. I've read all sorts of stuff (a lot of it from the Government) saying how much worse off we're going to be and how the regulatory and other barriers will be, erm, barriers to trade once the Tories take us outside the SM and CU and our regulations diverge. Perhaps you believe trade with the EU will somehow increase or remain at the same level because of or despite those barriers? Or that we will be a net importer of unicorns and rainbows and everything will be fluffy and warm?
It's you who bit, Alan. It is the EU which is erecting unnecessary barriers, and its their citizens who will suffer too. But then, they don't give a stuff about the millions of their citizens they have sacrificed for their Project, do they?
no, the barriers were there already but are one way only (as in an automated car park). Britain has decided to cross them on the way out, as is its democratic right, but cannot then expect them to disappear now is it on the other side.

A trade deal with Australia will not only be inadequate to make up for losing the SIngle Market, it may not be that simple: http://www.cer.eu/in-the-press/why-brit ... y-illusion

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24067
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#359 Post by Alan H » April 11th, 2018, 9:45 am

animist wrote:no, the barriers were there already but are one way only (as in an automated car park). Britain has decided to cross them on the way out, as is its democratic right, but cannot then expect them to disappear now is it on the other side.
But Theresa May has made it quite clear that she wants deep and special partnership with the car park owners and that includes the freedom to enter and use the car park whenever we like without paying the parking fee. There will be no barriers for us and certainly no barrier infrastructure at the Irish entrance to the car park.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6522
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#360 Post by animist » April 11th, 2018, 10:27 am

Alan H wrote:
animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:Keep 'em coming, coffee. These are hilarious with just the expected mix of bravado, hyperbole, ignorance and downright stupidity. They make for great reading - and lots of banging heads against desks.
don't headbang too much, Alan - I need you as a beacon of sanity. BTW, just come back from my first local U3A Brexit group meeting. Most of the attendees (all oldies of course) are not happy about the B word, but I hope to stiffen their opposition
Get them out on the streets protesting... :-)
who knows? Anyway, I have already increased Ian Dunt's book sales by a half-dozen copies! Nick, do you have your copy yet? :wink:

coffee
Posts: 1570
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#361 Post by coffee » April 11th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Davis wins Brexit battle against top civil servant: Brexit News for Wednesday 11 April

https://brexitcentral.com/today/brexit- ... -11-april/

---------------

OUT OF CONTROL EU gives a million more migrants right to settle in UK in just one year

Official figures released show the number of migrants entering the EU has risen by a fifth since the UK decided to leave the European Union


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6021498/m ... eu-soared/

Post Reply