INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#561 Post by Alan H » May 9th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

coffee wrote:UK SMEs start to explore new markets as they look beyond Brexit

http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/uk-sme ... nd-brexit/
Why are they doing that, coffee?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#562 Post by coffee » May 9th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Can the uk take back control of its money while in a customs union with the eu?

Yes or No?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#563 Post by Alan H » May 9th, 2018, 7:32 pm

coffee wrote:Can the uk take back control of its money while in a customs union with the eu?

Yes or No?
What money? What control?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#564 Post by coffee » May 9th, 2018, 7:37 pm

The contribution to the eu coffer/budget

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6519
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#565 Post by animist » May 9th, 2018, 9:12 pm

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:Can the uk take back control of its money while in a customs union with the eu?

Yes or No?
What money? What control?
do you have any control over what you say, coffee? Do or do we not have something called the Bank of England, which Gordon Brown, in his first act as Chancellor of the Exchequer in 1997 (over 20 years ago) made independent of government. Britain is not in the eurozone and has control over its monetary policy. Please, please read a book about economics, or anything, rather than spouting this silly stuff

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#566 Post by Nick » May 9th, 2018, 10:12 pm

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:UK SMEs start to explore new markets as they look beyond Brexit

http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/uk-sme ... nd-brexit/
Why are they doing that, coffee?
Well, Alan, is the answer "Because they are filthy capitalists..." ? :D

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#567 Post by Alan H » May 9th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:UK SMEs start to explore new markets as they look beyond Brexit

http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/uk-sme ... nd-brexit/
Why are they doing that, coffee?
Well, Alan, is the answer "Because they are filthy capitalists..." ? :D
I have no idea what coffee thinks the answer is: that's why I asked.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#568 Post by Nick » May 9th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:Why are they doing that, coffee?
Well, Alan, is the answer "Because they are filthy capitalists..." ? :D
I have no idea what coffee thinks the answer is: that's why I asked.
OK, well let me ask you, what do you think the reason is? :)

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#569 Post by Alan H » May 9th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
Well, Alan, is the answer "Because they are filthy capitalists..." ? :D
I have no idea what coffee thinks the answer is: that's why I asked.
OK, well let me ask you, what do you think the reason is? :)
The survey didn't seem to have asked that question, so we don't know. All it seems to say is:
According to the survey of more than 1,000 small and medium sized businesses, one in four SMEs is looking to export to a new country in the next quarter. Up slightly on Q1 2017, the figures demonstrate how UK businesses have started to come to terms with the ongoing Brexit uncertainty and develop new trading partners beyond the European Union.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#570 Post by Nick » May 9th, 2018, 11:00 pm

Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:I have no idea what coffee thinks the answer is: that's why I asked.
OK, well let me ask you, what do you think the reason is? :)
The survey didn't seem to have asked that question, so we don't know. All it seems to say is:
According to the survey of more than 1,000 small and medium sized businesses, one in four SMEs is looking to export to a new country in the next quarter. Up slightly on Q1 2017, the figures demonstrate how UK businesses have started to come to terms with the ongoing Brexit uncertainty and develop new trading partners beyond the European Union.
I didn't ask what the survey thought, I asked you what you thought the reason might be. Well?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#571 Post by Alan H » May 9th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote: OK, well let me ask you, what do you think the reason is? :)
The survey didn't seem to have asked that question, so we don't know. All it seems to say is:
According to the survey of more than 1,000 small and medium sized businesses, one in four SMEs is looking to export to a new country in the next quarter. Up slightly on Q1 2017, the figures demonstrate how UK businesses have started to come to terms with the ongoing Brexit uncertainty and develop new trading partners beyond the European Union.
I didn't ask what the survey thought, I asked you what you thought the reason might be. Well?
And I answered you. We are not told their reason, so we do not know their reason. All we're given is a hint about 'Brexit uncertainty', but that appears to be supposition. And it can't be right, can it? Businesses have all been promised the certainty they need, remember?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#572 Post by Nick » May 9th, 2018, 11:15 pm

Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:The survey didn't seem to have asked that question, so we don't know. All it seems to say is:
I didn't ask what the survey thought, I asked you what you thought the reason might be. Well?
And I answered you.
No you didn't! I still don't know what your opinion is!
We are not told their reason, so we do not know their reason.
Which is why I asked you what you thought their reason might be.
All we're given is a hint about 'Brexit uncertainty', but that appears to be supposition. And it can't be right, can it? Businesses have all been promised the certainty they need, remember?
No, I have no recollection of that, but leaving that aside, as it was not in the article being discussed, what do you think the reason is? If you were a businessman, would you do the same thing, and if so (or if not) why?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#573 Post by Alan H » May 9th, 2018, 11:25 pm

Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
I didn't ask what the survey thought, I asked you what you thought the reason might be. Well?
And I answered you.
No you didn't! I still don't know what your opinion is!
Yes, I did. I really did.
We are not told their reason, so we do not know their reason.
Which is why I asked you what you thought their reason might be.
Ah! You want me to speculate (for some bizarre reason)?!
All we're given is a hint about 'Brexit uncertainty', but that appears to be supposition. And it can't be right, can it? Businesses have all been promised the certainty they need, remember?
So, in the light of that, what do you think the reason is? If you were a businessman, would you do the same thing, and if so (or if not) why?
What are the possibilities here? That business is booming that they now have the additional resources to find new markets outside the EU so they can expand even more? Or that they've been encouraged by the disgraced former defence secretary, Liam Fox into taking bold new steps into the world market that's waiting and eager to be tapped? Or - as the article might be hinting at - looking for ways of offsetting the current uncertainty surrounding Brexit, maybe just in case it all goes a teensy bit awry? Are there any others?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#574 Post by coffee » May 10th, 2018, 10:16 am

Brexiteers urge PM to extend transition period and embrace Max Fac option: Brexit News for Thursday 10 May

https://brexitcentral.com/today/brexit- ... ay-10-may/

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#575 Post by Nick » May 10th, 2018, 11:03 am

Alan H wrote:
Nick wrote:
Alan H wrote: And I answered you.
No you didn't! I still don't know what your opinion is!
Yes, I did. I really did.
Nope. Can't see it at all. :shrug: Care to repeat?
We are not told their reason, so we do not know their reason.
Which is why I asked you what you thought their reason might be.
Ah! You want me to speculate (for some bizarre reason)?!
Not bizarre at all. If we didn't speculate at all, we wouldn't have developed economic theory, would we? So, yes, I want you to consider what their reason might be. (Which you have just told me you have already done. Huh? :puzzled: )
So, in the light of that, what do you think the reason is? If you were a businessman, would you do the same thing, and if so (or if not) why?
What are the possibilities here? That business is booming that they now have the additional resources to find new markets outside the EU so they can expand even more?
True, profits are up substantially, in spite of Project Fear.
Or that they've been encouraged by the disgraced former defence secretary, Liam Fox into taking bold new steps into the world market that's waiting and eager to be tapped?
So what is so terrible about that?
Or - as the article might be hinting at - looking for ways of offsetting the current uncertainty surrounding Brexit, maybe just in case it all goes a teensy bit awry?
And why might that be?
Are there any others?
Yes. Really important ones. Why should the EU want to go against 200 years of economics since Ricardo? Why would they want to disadvantage their own people? Why are they more concerned with the rules, which have been so disastrous for so many millions of their people, than for the effect of those rules?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24046
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#576 Post by Alan H » May 10th, 2018, 11:21 am

:pointlaugh: Hilarious. Just fucking hilarious.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#577 Post by coffee » May 10th, 2018, 5:50 pm

'It's the END!' Tory MP says the new Eurosceptic Italian government will DESTROY the EU

TORY Brexiteer Daniel Kawczynski said Italy’s new Eurosceptic government will be the “beginning of the end” of the “outdated” European Union.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/95783 ... referendum

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#578 Post by coffee » May 10th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Eurosceptic, anti-mass migration Five Star/Lega Italian coalition moves closer

https://www.westmonster.com/eurosceptic ... es-closer/

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#579 Post by coffee » May 10th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Will the anti-Trump protesters be out against Turkish Islamist President Erdogan on UK visit?

https://www.westmonster.com/will-the-an ... -uk-visit/

-------------------

coffee
Posts: 1522
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#580 Post by coffee » May 10th, 2018, 6:30 pm

BREXIT ULTIMATUM: Finally freedom from EU... but only after UK is tied to bloc FOR YEARS

BRITAIN has been handed a Brexit ultimatum which could see the nation tied to a customs union trade plan for years, with the promise of a clean break from the EU after the lengthy period.

By REBECCA PERRING

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/95766 ... toms-union

Nick
Posts: 11027
Joined: July 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#581 Post by Nick » May 10th, 2018, 7:31 pm

coffee wrote:Eurosceptic, anti-mass migration Five Star/Lega Italian coalition moves closer

https://www.westmonster.com/eurosceptic ... es-closer/
Indeed, Coffee. I'll be watching with interest.... :popcorn: :popcorn:

Post Reply