INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

If you could go back and meet yourself as a teenager

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Justme

If you could go back and meet yourself as a teenager

#1 Post by Justme » October 3rd, 2018, 1:11 am

If you could go back and meet yourself as a teenager what would you do?

I had a rather irresponsible youth which brought me a lot of headaches, a few heartaches and a mad dash at the end of my teen years to catch up to the world that had passed my by while I thought I knew everything.

Me, being me would most likely not want to talk with myself, as I know now the danger irresponsible people are to those who try and help them. Many that I've tried simply used me to facilitate their lifestyle and moved on.

I know that when I was drinking and drugging, all that mattered to me was that next fix or that next beer. Everything and everyone else was just a means to and end. I am sure that If I was still there, I'd either be in jail or dead.
Hate, the offspring of fear cannot exist where understanding reigns supreme

animist

Re: If you could go back and meet yourself as a teenager

#2 Post by animist » October 3rd, 2018, 11:17 pm

I could not be more different. I was a swot and a very innocent and studious idealist who did not drink or smoke or consort with anyone. Now I do not smoke, but I do drink and consort if allowed to. This does not answer your question :laughter: