INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

New BHA website: Understanding Humanis

For discussions related to education and educational institutions.
Alan H

New BHA website: Understanding Humanis

#1 Post by Alan H » May 10th, 2016, 7:20 pm

New BHA website launched today, providing resources for education: Understanding Humanism
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

Re: New BHA website: Understanding Humanis

#2 Post by Dave B » May 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Good attempt but the design could be better - the "elements" for each age group at the top and the repetitive bit about the resiurces at the bottom. With different graphics.for each page I had to keep checking that I had not selected the previous age group again by accident.

Also, presume the video was intended for adults, some of the characters they picked and their presentation would have kids either giggling or yawning.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

coffee

#3 Post by coffee » May 18th, 2016, 10:55 pm

In a lot of way I am so thankful this country is not run by the lefty humanists (BHA) because they never/avoid mention anything about having a security forces/an army to protect the UK from being invaded by Islamic State or Mr Putin

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » May 18th, 2016, 11:25 pm

coffee wrote:In a lot of way I am so thankful this country is not run by the lefty humanists (BHA) because they never/avoid mention anything about having a security forces/an army to protect the UK from being invaded by Islamic State or Mr Putin
Looks like a non sequitur and a straw man to me. Can you explain further?
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

coffee

#5 Post by coffee » May 19th, 2016, 6:26 am

Because I never heard the bha have/or talk about this value/tool in their belief, they tend to concentrate there fire power on easy stuff like equality for gay, humane for animal going to slaughter etc.

Alan H

#6 Post by Alan H » May 19th, 2016, 9:41 am

coffee wrote:Because I never heard the bha have/or talk about this value/tool in their belief, they tend to concentrate there fire power on easy stuff like equality for gay, humane for animal going to slaughter etc.
The 'etc' covers a huge wide range of issues!
Alan Henness

coffee

#7 Post by coffee » May 19th, 2016, 9:49 am

The 'etc' covers a huge wide range of issues!
Alan H
OK it mainly on equality stuff, but leave difficult stuff like security and to the Christians and that where they get all the support and be voted in and get to make all the key decisions for themselves.