INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Talk to Yourself

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Marian

Re: Talk to Yourself

#361 Post by Marian » December 21st, 2011, 7:10 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Should I or not? xmas party starting at 10pm? Rest, like I should be doing because I have touch of bronchitis? Crap! Decisions, decisions....:)
Transformative fire...

Dave B

#362 Post by Dave B » December 25th, 2011, 5:02 am

Well, except for expectant kids and busy Santas there's probably no-one else to talk to at 0445 on Christmas Day!

But -
MERRY CRIMBLE
- any way

After a happy evening drinking vino, eating fresh baked baguette slathered with garlicked olive oil spread and putting the world to rights I managed about 1 hours sleep. Since then I have tried reading, listening to the radio and, something that used to work for me, designing bits to make my xmas pressie to me more easily usable. The ability to produce a 3D mental image that can be rotated, stripped, put back together is a useful thing for solving mechanical problems! It is actually my equivalent of counting sheep.

None of this seems to have worked, so it was time to get up and make a coffee (decaff of course) and get on this here machine. Will take some photos of bits for my ideas and look for a means to publish them for others to use. Might even make a video and actually use my Youtube account to put something on line, be a first for me!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Dave B

#363 Post by Dave B » December 26th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Well, I turned at home for the first time today!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Marian

#364 Post by Marian » December 26th, 2011, 11:29 pm

I'm really feeling the need to visit my friends in Europe, particularly Scotland. I have an open space in my heart that only friends can fill. Oh dear, what should I do? Methinks, I should just bear with it until maybe the next meet-up in the spring or summer...
Transformative fire...

lewist

#365 Post by lewist » December 27th, 2011, 9:59 am

I wonder when and where we will have the next meetup? :puzzled:

They've all been good from the big and highly organised like the first one I went to in Glasgow to the wee one here a couple of weeks ago. Aberdeen was good, travelling here as it did, and the Curtis meetup here was a gas. I enjoyed that so much. It was a bit short though.

Will different people come to the next one, or better still, additional people? Will we go on a relief mission to Shetland to repair the storm damage with Alan? If we did, could we go to the Lounge Bar in Lerwick again? :)

What about over the pond? The possibilities are endless... :D
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Alan C.

#366 Post by Alan C. » December 27th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Will we go on a relief mission to Shetland to repair the storm damage with Alan?
Anyone and everyone is welcome here anytime and I won't make you work, promise. :smile:
If we did, could we go to the Lounge Bar in Lerwick again? :)
They're still talking about you and your small pipes Lewis. :wink:
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

lewist

#367 Post by lewist » December 27th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Alan C. wrote:...They're still talking about you and your small pipes Lewis. :wink:
Ah. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Dave B

#368 Post by Dave B » December 27th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Hi, Self.

Hi, yourself.

How you feeling?

Like I have a lump of lead in my gut.

Well, what the heck do you expect with what you have been eating for the last two days!

I know but it's bad manners when people press, "Just one more mince pie, go on, you won't burst!" There are times when I feared that they were wrong.

Well, you didn't eat much today, maybe it will all work out OK.

Chuffing-well hope so! Never again - well not until next year anyway.
Me, 2015

Nick

#369 Post by Nick » December 31st, 2011, 10:18 am

What a nice cheerful, clear and sexy voice Anita Anand has....

*google google*

...turns out she's married to Simon Singh! Fancy that!

Dave B

#370 Post by Dave B » February 5th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Just spent the whole morning editing a section, written by another, of a report. Heavily. Very heavily. Reiterations abounded, grammar and construction a bit dodgy and the time line wandered back and forth. Spelling was good though!

Emailed it off - awaiting backlash. Tuesday's meeting should be interesting . . . Think I'll wear me hard hat.
Me, 2015

Nick

#371 Post by Nick » February 6th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Dave B wrote:.....Think I'll wear me hard hat.
Just wondering if I should get a hat made out of fox fur....

It's not that I want one particularly....

It's just the advice I keep on getting.

When I tell people where I live in Darkest Kent,
Spoiler:
they say "Wear the fox hat!"

Alan H

#372 Post by Alan H » February 7th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Nick wrote:What a nice cheerful, clear and sexy voice Anita Anand has....

*google google*

I'll tell her you said that! :wink:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Alan H

#373 Post by Alan H » February 7th, 2012, 11:05 pm

It's been a bit quiet today...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Fia

#374 Post by Fia » February 7th, 2012, 11:51 pm

I was a wee bit disappointed to click on new posts and find none. I may not post every day but do pop in daily. Sometimes I'd like a 'like' option like facebook, as in I don't have anything important to add but recognise the meaning...

Nick

#375 Post by Nick » February 10th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Alan H wrote:

*google google*

I'll tell her you said that! :wink:

Stupid boy! I expect she already knows she's married to Simon Singh......!

Dave B

#376 Post by Dave B » September 23rd, 2012, 8:53 pm

Must be something good on TV or something - quiet here anyway. Just heard that it was a British bloke that designed the first laptop, well, portable computer that folded and had a flat screen in the lid. Took "a large suitcase" to carry ir around though.

So, Babbage, Turing, Berners-Lee, probably a few others, a distinguished history - and here we are, spending bloody hours a week talking to other people over the Internet, often looking for things to do, that we would probably never have dreamt of otherwise otherwise, often to justify all the expense on the kit!

Never mind, keeps us off the streets. :D

Later: Ah, Alan C. is not watching telly then!
Me, 2015

Tetenterre

#377 Post by Tetenterre » September 24th, 2012, 12:12 am

But not nearly as sexy as either Harriet Cass or (especially!) Charlotte Green. Both are retiring soon. Will Radio 4 news be worth listening to when they go?
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

jaywhat

#378 Post by jaywhat » September 24th, 2012, 5:40 am

What's the point of talking to myself in public. What a stupid thread title. If I want to talk to myself I will have a place on my computer (not thinkhu though) or I will keep a little corner of my mouth for self mutterings. I might even have a notepad and pen; now that is good idea.

Ninny

#379 Post by Ninny » September 24th, 2012, 7:56 am

You can always talk to me! x

jaywhat

#380 Post by jaywhat » September 24th, 2012, 8:25 am

I do, but you never listen. :hilarity:

Dave B

#381 Post by Dave B » September 24th, 2012, 8:52 am

Nick said:
What a nice cheerful, clear and sexy voice Anita Anand has....
I missed that before.

Hmm, not surprised Nick thinks that, but I think she sounds patronising and slightly old fashioned school marmish at times. Definitely agree with TT on Charlotte Green though - wonder if she will re-incarnate in some other media role? Ditto Harriet Cass. Hope so.
Me, 2015