INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

What personality are you?

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Justme

What personality are you?

#1 Post by Justme » September 2nd, 2013, 2:45 am

Big 5 personality test This is Cool

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:
Pick your gender and then complete. It's fascinating

http://similarminds.com/big-5-word-pair.html
Here's mine

Extroversion |||||||||| 38%
Orderliness |||| 12%
Emotional Stability |||||| 21%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 75%
Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and secretive.

Orderliness results were very low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were high which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Hate, the offspring of fear cannot exist where understanding reigns supreme

lewist

Re: What personality are you?

#2 Post by lewist » September 2nd, 2013, 8:16 am

Does it do Grumpy old Git?

I'll come back later and try it out.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

animist

#3 Post by animist » September 2nd, 2013, 11:01 am

probably the type which resists categorisation like this :D

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » September 2nd, 2013, 11:21 am

Done too many in the past, can't work out now whether they reflect my true personality or I have come to conform with what they say!

Interestingly though I did do two vocational aptitude tests (one pre-computer using a "punch card" system, a machine to read the holes and with hand typed and drawn graphs and the second fully computer scanned and presented) thirty years apart and they both, basically, said the same thing - that I should never have taken a job in engineering (which, being research and design, I really enjoyed but I came to realise that I would really enjoy any job that was analytical, creative and solved problems 'cos that was my analysis of the combined findings!)
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Justme

#5 Post by Justme » September 2nd, 2013, 1:47 pm

Well, as in all self tests, this will reflect what you are feeling now. I just thought it was a nice little distraction.
Hate, the offspring of fear cannot exist where understanding reigns supreme

lewist

#6 Post by lewist » September 2nd, 2013, 11:11 pm

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLOAI
Your Primary type is Accommodating

RLOAI
(3.1% of women; 2.3% of men)
withdrawn, loner, not wild and crazy, does not like the spotlight, worrying, crowd averse, afraid to draw attention to self, easily hurt, fearful, prone to low physical fitness, fears mistakes, prone to health problems, hard to get to know, risk averse, unable to speak up for self, becomes overwhelmed by events, not self confident, depressed, embarrassed by praise, prefers organized to unpredictable, apprehensive about new encounters, not good at telling jokes, easily intimidated, quiet around strangers, socially unskilled, easily offended, avoids being a bother to anyone, anxious, plays it safe, not spontaneous, some attraction to things associated with sadness, easily discouraged, apologetic, private, requires lots of time alone to recharge, self loathing, avoidant, second guesses self, low energy level, values solitude, not physically affectionate with most people, not competitive, lonely, hesitant, thinks before acting, not aggressive, very clean, feels unattractive, stressed, proper, values rules and regulations, plain, avoids small talk, resigned

*the descriptions listed here are made up of personality items. people who scored high on this type scored higher on the above items compared to the average. (more info)
back to personality types

favored careers:
researcher, scholar, research assistant, bookstore owner, book editor, academic, libary assistant, research scientist, bookseller, novelist, scientist, archeologist, librarian, microbiologist, medical researcher, research psychologist, historian, forensic psychologist, environmental scientist, genetics researcher, editor, english profesor, museum curator, theologian, philosopher, author, psychotherapist, philosophy professor, geneticist, environmentalist, astronomer, analyst, archivist, biochemist, college professor, biologist, professor of english, psychoanalyst, curator, neurologist, forensic scientist, psychologist, chemist, forensic anthropologist, history professor, psychiatrist, non profit sector, math teacher, clinical psychologist, data analyst, art historian, english teacher, lab technician, biotechnology, healer, biomedical engineer, linguist, publisher

disfavored careers:
entertainer, movie star, bar owner, athlete, rock star, model, entertainment industry, record producer, fashion industry, salesman, radio broadcaster, radio dj, sales manager, comedian, race car driver, bartender, marketing manager, advertising, sports management, business manager, broadcasting, actor

So that's me. Pity I'm past the career options stage of life.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Kmath71

#7 Post by Kmath71 » January 28th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Haha....oh dear....
The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were high which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
And I'd rather play here, with all the madmen. For I'm quite content. They're all as sane as me

getreal

#8 Post by getreal » January 28th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Extroversion</b> (75%) high which suggests you are overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense too often of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity

Accommodation</b> (75%) high which suggests you are overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense too often of your own individual development (martyr complex)

Orderliness</b> (35%) moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability</b> (50%) medium which suggests you are moderately relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Inquisitiveness</b> (50%) medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

I am rather a concrete thinker (or maybe it's Asperger's?) and actually found some of the questions difficult to get my head round
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Dave B

#9 Post by Dave B » January 29th, 2014, 10:00 am

Extroversion |||||||||||| 47%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 44%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 50%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 67%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 72%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, improvised, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you are moderately relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCUAI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Compassionist

#10 Post by Compassionist » January 31st, 2014, 9:14 am

My Big Five Test Results:

Extroversion |||||||||||||||| 64%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 75%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 70%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 70%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 64%

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
Your Global5/SLOAN type is SCOAI
Your Primary type is Organized

jaywhat

#11 Post by jaywhat » February 5th, 2014, 8:20 am

[quote="Compassionist"]My Big Five Test Results:

Extroversion |||||||||||||||| 35%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 64%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 24%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 58%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 61%

Doesn't feel quite right - perhaps I should have another go; on the other hand, maybe ....