INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Interview the person below you.

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Beki

Re: Interview the person below you.

#1321 Post by Beki » March 10th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

That's a real shame Alan, there's just not enough teachers like that around now.....

Anyway, my favourite colour is GREEN

I think it is because it is such a natural colour (I love forests and trees etc), but maybe it's cos I support the SELLICK!! (Or "Glasgow Celtic" to you more refined people........)*

What is your favourite item of clothing?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - M Ghandi

xman

#1322 Post by xman » March 12th, 2009, 3:41 am

panties ... Oh ... my clothing!? I dunno, maybe my Wade & Butcher Sheffield t-shirt.

What's your favourite game?
Always remember, it's your right to have a SUPER day.
If you're wrong, call me ... I'll have one for you!

Critical Thinking - http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

Felicia

#1323 Post by Felicia » March 12th, 2009, 7:49 am

Bridge, played informally with friends + a bottle or two of wine. Unfortunately, my favourite bridge playing friends live in York, too far, so I'm bridgeless at the moment (clubs are far too competitive and serious!)

Have you ever been really, life-threateningly ill?

Nick

#1324 Post by Nick » March 12th, 2009, 11:01 am

I don't know if this counts, but I was nearly a miscarriage. My mother was asked if she wanted to keep the baby..... Thankfully, for me at least, she said yes. :D

Which radio station do you listen to most?

Beki

#1325 Post by Beki » March 12th, 2009, 1:08 pm

What is now called Absolute Radio (used to be Virgin). Totally fantastic, no repeats all day during work hours and great mixture of music. If I am really stressed out, I might change it to Classic FM, but that hasn't happened in a while. But year-end is looming.........

Felicia wrote:
so I'm bridgeless at the moment (clubs are far too competitive and serious!)
Felicia - I was a Bridge Orphan. My mum is obsessed with the game (and pretty good I believe), and as well as playing at clubs she plays online - have you ever thought of doing that?

What good deed did you do today?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - M Ghandi

xman

#1326 Post by xman » March 12th, 2009, 7:04 pm

I gave away a custom restored antique straight razor.

What's the best shave you've ever had?
Always remember, it's your right to have a SUPER day.
If you're wrong, call me ... I'll have one for you!

Critical Thinking - http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

Fia

#1327 Post by Fia » March 19th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Waxing. But then us women know about pain to gain :D

What's the most painful thing you've endured so far?

Beki

#1328 Post by Beki » March 20th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Childbirth!

Are you still in touch with anyone from your school days?

Alan C.

#1329 Post by Alan C. » March 20th, 2009, 9:44 pm

My best friend during my schooldays (and before) is married to Mary's sister, so yes.

I attended a non denominational "Secondary Modern" And he went to the Catholic school, where they had Nuns for teachers. :supershock:

What kind of school did you go to?
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

lewist

#1330 Post by lewist » March 20th, 2009, 10:44 pm

I went to non denominational schools, primary and then a Senior Secondary, back in the days before comprehensive schools had been invented.

What is the most bizarre thing you can remember about school?
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

jaywhat

#1331 Post by jaywhat » March 21st, 2009, 12:12 pm

I suppose the public canings before the whole school in the hall, which I have written about elsewhere and would not call it bizarre but I suppose it was!

Have you been in a situation where you wished, afterwards, you had spoken up or done something about it?

Alan C.

#1332 Post by Alan C. » March 23rd, 2009, 7:38 pm

Many, many years ago Mary and myself agreed to be *god*parents to my youngest brothers daughter, I should have spoken out against the utter tripe that the Vicar was spewing, but back in those days..................You just didn't.
I certainly would now.

Was there anything you wanted to do in your lifetime, that you still haven't achieved? Do you still think you might (achieve it)?
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Nick

#1333 Post by Nick » March 24th, 2009, 12:39 am

Alan C. wrote:Many, many years ago Mary and myself agreed to be *god*parents to my youngest brothers daughter, I should have spoken out against the utter tripe that the Vicar was spewing, but back in those days..................You just didn't.
I certainly would now.
But if I'm right, you'll have given your neice a few pearls of wisdom which will be much more use to her than anything the vicar may have had in mind.....

Was there anything you wanted to do in your lifetime, that you still haven't achieved? Do you still think you might (achieve it)?[/quote]

There are loads of things I have wanted to do in my life but won't. Play rugby for England and be a successful Chancellor of the Exchequer would be 2 of them I am unlikely to achieve.

There are things I haven't achieved but might. Learn to play the guitar like Joan Baez (I mean in the style of, not as well as!), and take a semi-pro furniture-making course are just 2 of them. There are also things I still want to achieve professionally.

If you were an actor, what role would you most like to play? And why?

Something I won't achieve? Running out of things I want to do......

Bryn

#1334 Post by Bryn » May 9th, 2009, 1:37 am

Dylan Thomas because he was interesting.

Are you going away this summer?

Fia

#1335 Post by Fia » May 9th, 2009, 10:52 pm

We will be camping by Loch Morlich with a gaggle of other kids. Maybe not far away from our home but far enough to to relax and remember how to see things through a child's eyes :thumbsup:

If money were no object, where would you like to go this summer?

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#1336 Post by Maria Mac » May 10th, 2009, 1:06 am

At the moment I'm happy with the idea of not going anywhere because it's going to be a good summer here, so they say, and there is so much going on in London. But if I were forced to go away and money really were no object, I fancy sailing round the Norwegian fjords and generally exploring Scandinavia. I last went to Norway on a school trip when I was 11.

Same questions: where are you going/where would you like to go?

Nick

#1337 Post by Nick » May 10th, 2009, 11:30 am

So far, all that's planned is the TH meet-up :D I hope I'll be doing some sailing this year, but there's lots to do on the barge beforehand.... :sad:

Money no object, I'd like to go riding in Wyoming....(think City Slickers)

And, because it's interesting, same question. :D

lewist

#1338 Post by lewist » May 10th, 2009, 5:37 pm

I don't know if I will go away this summer. I think I will go to the USA at New Year to meet all the new babies that are due this weekend, three of them, twins for my nephew & wife and a one baby for my niece. Being on my own I don't know about holidays on my own I'm not sure what to do; staying at home and going to work might be quite good.

Same questions but let's forget about the money no object part and talk reality: where are you going/where would you like to go?
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

thundril

#1339 Post by thundril » May 13th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I'm doing a few festivals for sure (GF being an aerialist an all).
Money no object, I'd like to sail (starting Bristol) South Wales, East Ireland, Isle of Man, Clyde estuary, Crinan canal, Mull, Great Glen, Shetlands, Orkneys Outer Hebrides, North West & South Ireland, back into Bristol channel, and take about a year about it. Nothing ambitious, you see.
Like the standard 'round Britain' kind of thing, but missing out one little country.

Fia

#1340 Post by Fia » May 14th, 2009, 2:17 am

Like the Welsh I met in an Edinburgh pub for a Scotland v Wales rugby match, who told me the journey up was fine apart from the going through England bit :)

What question do you think Thundril might have asked if he'd remembered to do so?

Bryn

#1341 Post by Bryn » May 14th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Which circus skill would you most like to have?