INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Organic Fruit and Veg delivered

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

jaywhat

Organic Fruit and Veg delivered

#1 Post by jaywhat » January 30th, 2008, 10:49 am

We get stuff from Abel and Cole (http://www.abelandcole.co.uk). There is some mention of this on the Food thread in Social Club. I wondered what people thought about the eco side of deliveries like this. I should add that they are not just veggie. According to the Observer last Sunday - in the Food Monthly p 31 - they do not use air freighting, their vans are LPG or biodiesel and their packaging gets reused/recycled. It also says their prices are on average cheaper or the same as supermarket equivalents.

Edward Hawkins

Re: Organic Fruit and Veg delivered

#2 Post by Edward Hawkins » January 30th, 2008, 5:05 pm

jaywhat wrote:We get stuff from Abel and Cole (http://www.abelandcole.co.uk). I should add that they are not just veggie..
Looking at their website they are not veggie at all. They sell all sorts of meat.

jaywhat

Re: Organic Fruit and Veg delivered

#3 Post by jaywhat » January 30th, 2008, 5:09 pm

We only buy fruit and veg and, yes, they sell everything.
Sorry if I did not make that clear. They do not say they are veggie and nor do I.