INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Humanists can help with loans

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

clayto

Humanists can help with loans

#1 Post by clayto » December 19th, 2008, 1:25 pm

I would like to draw your attention to my posting in the Positve Humanism Forum about the Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics, Freethinkers, Secular Humanists and the Non-Religious Team at KIVA http://www.kiva.org/

Chris
clayto

Alan H

Re: Humanists can help with loans

#2 Post by Alan H » January 24th, 2009, 1:03 am

I meant to respond to this ages ago.

This looks like an excellent cause. You give them money and if you're lucky you get all of it back. But what you also get back is the knowledge that you've made a real difference. Priceless.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

clayto

#3 Post by clayto » January 25th, 2009, 11:06 am

I have just had an email saying my first loan has been repaid and is available to relend or withdraw.

Chris
clayto

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » January 25th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Excellent! What was it used for?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

clayto

#5 Post by clayto » January 25th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Bolivia
The group, Little Smiles, is represented by Mrs. Zulema. She is single with three children, just as the other women of the group are mothers with children under the age of five. The members are young, dynamic, responsible, and have goals for advancement. A majority of the group sells different types of products such as chicken, cereals, fabric, cosmetics. Others bake bread, sew clothes, and provide public transportation. The members have plenty of experience in their areas, so they know how to gain a competitive edge in the market. In general, the members don't have experience working in these types of groups, and this is their first microloan, but they feel capable of fulfilling their responsibility to Kiva partner Fundacion Agrocapital and to the other members of the group. This loan will lead to increased income and (the purchase of) more products to sell and improve the members' ability to do business.

Translated from Spanish by Olivia Engkvist, Kiva Volunteer

Loan Use: Operational expenses

copied from Kiva site

Chris
clayto

richardcraig

#6 Post by richardcraig » April 13th, 2010, 3:17 pm

clayto wrote:I would like to draw your attention to my posting in the Positve Humanism Forum about the Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics, Freethinkers, Secular Humanists and the Non-Religious Team at KIVA http://www.kiva.org/
Hi Chris

I've been part of kiva for a while now too (http://www.kiva.org/lender/richardcraig )
Such a great way to help others while all the money that would sit in your bank account earning barely 0.1% interest is only helping the banks :angry: