INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Welcome

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

clayto

Welcome

#1 Post by clayto » August 11th, 2007, 7:04 pm

:welcome:

The purpose of the Humanist Vegetarian Group, which is a Special Interest Group of the British Humanist Association, is to promote Humanism among Vegetarians and Vegetarianism among Humanists. All Humanists and Secularists, Vegetarians and Vegans who support this purpose are welcome.

Although this Forum is provided for the Humanist Vegetarian Group it is open to all (until further notice) to read and to post. It is not expected to be heavily used bearing in mind the variety of both Vegetarian and Humanist Forums available. Nevertheless it is hoped it will offer a means by which Group members in particular can communicate with one another, make announcements, provide information and links to other Forums and Websites, ask for help and discuss issues of interest. Postings are invited on topics concerned with Humanism / Secularism and Vegetarianism / Veganism, especially where they relate to one another.

Rules relating to the use of this Forum are deemed to be the same as those of the Think Humanism site as a whole.

The Humanist Vegetarian Group are grateful to Think Humanism for the provision of this facility.

Information about the Humanist Vegetarian Group can be found on our website at

http://www.humanist.veggroup.org

Chris Clayton
clayto

gregory
Died May 2009 R.I.P

#2 Post by gregory » August 25th, 2007, 9:04 am

Well done everyone.
There'll be blue birds over
The white cliffs of Dover

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#3 Post by Maria Mac » November 3rd, 2007, 12:21 am

Could you please add a link to this forum on your links page? Under 'humanist and veggie links' will do nicely, thanks.

gregory
Died May 2009 R.I.P

#4 Post by gregory » November 3rd, 2007, 10:37 am

All the best for Samhain (Halloween) Maria.
There'll be blue birds over
The white cliffs of Dover

clayto

HVG Forum

#5 Post by clayto » November 3rd, 2007, 2:42 pm

Maria wrote:Could you please add a link to this forum on your links page? Under 'humanist and veggie links' will do nicely, thanks.
Is this directed at HVG / me? This Forum has had a link in HVG website Menu since the site was launched. If you are suggesting an additional link on the links page that is OK of course, in fact it should have been done from the outset. I just thought I should check what is intended.

Chris
clayto

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#6 Post by Maria Mac » November 3rd, 2007, 7:32 pm

Chris

When we were looking at the HVG site yesterday, we missed the link to TH - sorry. But if we missed then perhaps others will too so we would be grateful for an additional link on the links page if possible.

Thanks.

clayto

link

#7 Post by clayto » November 4th, 2007, 4:02 pm

OK

Chris
clayto

clayto

link

#8 Post by clayto » November 4th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Would you prefer a lnk to Think Humanism, or to the HVG Forum?

Chris
clayto

clayto

Links

#9 Post by clayto » November 10th, 2007, 11:05 am

Link to Think Humanism now added to HVG Website Links, in addition to the Forum link on the Home Page

Chris
clayto

richardcraig

Re: Welcome

#10 Post by richardcraig » April 13th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Thought I might post and say 'hi'. Great to meet like minded people and this group can only be bettered if there was a Libertarian Humanist Vegetarian Group :D

Emma Woolgatherer

#11 Post by Emma Woolgatherer » April 14th, 2010, 1:01 pm

Hello, Richard, and welcome. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on point of view), the Humanist Vegetarian Forum is largely moribund these days, but you might be just the man to resuscitate it.

Incidentally, what kind of libertarian?

Emma

seyorni

#12 Post by seyorni » April 17th, 2010, 5:05 am

I'd be happy to help resuscitate it, as well. I'm a strict vegan.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#13 Post by Maria Mac » April 17th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Good.

I understand the reason it's gone silent is because Clayto has been having health problems but it shouldn't be left to one person.