INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

We're saved !!

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Altfish

We're saved !!

#1 Post by Altfish » June 11th, 2014, 12:38 pm

I'm Saved

Well according to the pope I can go to heaven, he might as well tell me I can go to Alpha Centauri

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...en-8810062.html

Hasn't he realised that atheists don't believe in heaven?

animist

Re: We're saved !!

#2 Post by animist » June 11th, 2014, 1:15 pm

what happens if, once in heaven, we still don't repent and explain our reasons to the Almighty?

Dave B

#3 Post by Dave B » June 11th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Altfish wrote:I'm Saved

Well according to the pope I can go to heaven, he might as well tell me I can go to Alpha Centauri

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...en-8810062.html

Hasn't he realised that atheists don't believe in heaven?
Do I give a shit? Especially not Holy Shit!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Nick

#4 Post by Nick » June 11th, 2014, 3:09 pm

If I am following my conscience, why need I be contrite if I bump into God? How about him apologising for being illogical and invisible?

getreal

#5 Post by getreal » June 11th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Oh, so what I have been taught is all wrong then?

To attain everlasting life you need FAITH and good works. Not like the silly prespeterians, who believe in justification thorough faith alone.

Oh no! We Catholics have a much more sensible dogma. You need FAITH to attain heaven as well as good works. You categorically need both.

Or so I was taught.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Alan H

#6 Post by Alan H » September 12th, 2014, 12:04 am

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Altfish

#7 Post by Altfish » September 12th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Excellent

Carja

#8 Post by Carja » September 14th, 2014, 11:36 am

From what I've seen of people who are 100% sure they are going to heaven, it just doesn't seem like the place for me. I'll just stick to an end of life.....period.

I look at heaven as an imaginary place where people can imagine their loved ones living happily while they wait for their loved ones to join them. A sweet idea, but that's all it is. And even that sweet idea has been ruined by radicals who claim that 79 virgins are waiting for them as a reward for killing people who get in the way of their religion, or you have to be a straight Christian to get in. Heaven help a gay Jew or Buddhist. They won't make it through those pearly gates. And what kind of a place doesn't allow dogs or other pets? I just wouldn't be happy somewhere where all are not welcome. I've enjoyed diversity all my life and just can't imagine life, even an afterlife, without it.
Laugh often/love much;leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child,a garden patch,or a redeemed social condition;play w/enthusiasm & sing w/exultation;know even 1 life has breathed easier because you lived. This is success.B.A.Stanley

jaywhat

#9 Post by jaywhat » September 14th, 2014, 2:28 pm

I think the virgins amount to 72 and some say they are a type of dried grape.
Wikipedia says 'This false myth of "white raisins" originated from Christoph Luxenberg ?