INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

HOW TO REGISTER WITH THE HVG USERS GROUP

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

clayto

HOW TO REGISTER WITH THE HVG USERS GROUP

#1 Post by clayto » October 21st, 2007, 10:50 pm

TO ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM: PLEASE READ THIS

A NEW SERVICE FOR YOU. If you register for the Think Humanism HVG User Group on this website you will be sent individual emails notifying you of specific postings which may be of interest to you, such as announcements of events. An example is Chrissie’s posting on the Veggie National Climate March on Saturday 8th December in London

This is not an automated process. It is a service which the site administrator will operate in consultation with the HVG Forum moderator, using her judgment to apply agreed criteria, so you will not be pestered with lots of unwanted emails (on the other hand there may be occasions when a notification you could have been interested will not be sent). This service will not be used to notify you of new discussion or information threads, for which you need to check the Forum. It is mainly intended specifically for what might be called time sensitive announcements so you will not miss out on an event, activity, meeting or campaign which may concern you. Occasionally other types of announcements, for example ones which are not time limited, may be sent if they are considered to be of particular importance. We could make this a closed User Group service, only available to HVG members ------- but in line with the open approach to the Forum itself this service is open to anyone who wishes to use it.

We hope you will find this service of increasing value as our activities develop.
This is how you register for the user group:

1. Click on the user control panel, which at the extreme left of the bar near the top of the front page, underneath the Think Humanism logo.

2. Go to the options menu on the left hand side and click on Usergroups.

3. From the menu select 'Humanist Vegetarian Group' and click submit.

Chris
Last edited by Maria Mac on December 27th, 2007, 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: To change instructions in accordance with upgraded software
clayto

Maria Mac
Site Admin

Re: TO ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM: PLEASE READ THIS

#2 Post by Maria Mac » December 18th, 2007, 12:21 am

I have changed the instructions in Chris' post so that they comply with the upgraded software.

I do think you should simply add all known members of the HVG yourself though, Chris. Several of them registered on this forum back in August but have never logged in since and will be deleted from the Think Humanism membership at the end of this year if they don't post once.

They can always re-register if and when they want to participate, of course.

clayto

Re: TO ALL USERS OF THIS FORUM: PLEASE READ THIS

#3 Post by clayto » December 18th, 2007, 10:42 am

Hello Maria

I will contact you diectly about this.

Chris
clayto

xman

Re: HOW TO REGISTER WITH THE HVG USERS GROUP

#4 Post by xman » January 13th, 2008, 10:06 pm

Am I in?

X
Always remember, it's your right to have a SUPER day.
If you're wrong, call me ... I'll have one for you!

Critical Thinking - http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

clayto

#5 Post by clayto » January 14th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Hello 'X' ---- no, you don't appear in the User Group List. Are you having trouble following the Registration Guide? I am no expert on this so it might be best for you to seek help from Think Humanism Admin (Maria), but post again here if necessary and I will try to help. So far the User Group facility has not been used much but the HVG Forum itself has been used quite a lot, although a bit quieter recently so a posting from you might liven it up again!

Chris
clayto

LilacHamster

#6 Post by LilacHamster » August 21st, 2008, 8:49 pm

I've just registered.