INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Gnostic Bishop

#1 Post by Gnostic Bishop » September 14th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL

Alan H

Re: Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

#2 Post by Alan H » September 14th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Tosh.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Gnostic Bishop

#3 Post by Gnostic Bishop » September 15th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Alan H wrote:Tosh.
Stupid is as stupid argues, stupid?

Regards
DL

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » September 15th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
It's still tosh.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

animist

#5 Post by animist » September 16th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Alan H wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
It's still tosh.
GB, maybe try to come up with real answers rather than platitudes like the one you gave. I suppose I do see your point, though I do not believe that any of the four entities you mention actually existed. Yes, I guess that "innocence is bliss" is a plausible POV. Is that what you think?

Gnostic Bishop

#6 Post by Gnostic Bishop » September 18th, 2018, 3:36 pm

animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
It's still tosh.
GB, maybe try to come up with real answers rather than platitudes like the one you gave. I suppose I do see your point, though I do not believe that any of the four entities you mention actually existed. Yes, I guess that "innocence is bliss" is a plausible POV. Is that what you think?
Innocence may be blissful, but to choose bliss over a decent education, which is a good synonym for the tree of all knowledge, is never to mature and grow. No one should want to stay stupid and only the foulest demiurge will demand that A & E do so.

Regards
DL

VINDICATOR

#7 Post by VINDICATOR » September 27th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Without Satan (the talking serpent), Adam and Eve would never have eaten the "Forbidden Fruit" and not know about sex and all their progeny would have to be made from ribs. Hence the Earth would not be overflowing with humanity as it is today. The reason is that God had a monopoly on sex, only he was allowed to wack virgins and breed a whole army of Nephilims! (and Jesus). When God discovered that Adam and Eve found out about sex, he was so angry that he gave Adam's children "Original Sin" so they would burn in hell forever!

Justme

#8 Post by Justme » September 28th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards
DL
Oh, God flippin fahogess. Gentleman and ladies, We have a hater here that runs around to every forum that is not religious to preach his nonsensical form of wisdom. It's always against anything the Christians teach and it is just as ludicrous to the people here who come to these forums as it would be to any faith based forum.

I've dealt with this guy before and I know this because he always uses the same avatar and always ends his post with the same ending REGARDS.

If you would venture to copy and past his post and do a Google search you will 99% of the time will find he copies and pasted the same post on every web site that hasn't yet grown so tired of his repetitive chiming on the same narrative and ran him off.

His user name for a very long time was Greatest I am and boy does it fit his attitude towards himself, because whenever he will not contribute to anyone else's threads but will stick to those he posts like glue. He isn't interested in being a member here, but is looking for people who will validate his angst by supporting his posts with responses.
Hate, the offspring of fear cannot exist where understanding reigns supreme

Justme

#9 Post by Justme » September 28th, 2018, 5:28 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Without Satan (the talking serpent), Adam and Eve would never have eaten the "Forbidden Fruit" and not know about sex and all their progeny would have to be made from ribs. Hence the Earth would not be overflowing with humanity as it is today. The reason is that God had a monopoly on sex, only he was allowed to wack virgins and breed a whole army of Nephilims! (and Jesus). When God discovered that Adam and Eve found out about sex, he was so angry that he gave Adam's children "Original Sin" so they would burn in hell forever!
Dude, I'm not into this, but could you please think about how, as you say If these two would not have eaten whatever they did, they wouldn't have known about sex. I think that was fairly instinctual.

Also why would a deity of any making, no matter which version you choose from have a monopoly on anything that would guarantee a continual source of fans?

This other stuff really is beyond me as far as what because I think that if anyone speculates on something they don't beleave in, all they do is give it the legs it needs to continue. What is the point in discussing something that by virtue of what it's adherents have done in it's name have already damaged it beyond the repair of any of it's apologists? All doing so does is irritate and If that would be the goal of discussion, wouldn't it be more beneficial to go to a Christian site and throw that at them?

animist

#10 Post by animist » September 29th, 2018, 1:51 pm

yes, JustMe, if I get you right, Gnostic Bishop's stuff would be more appropriate on some religious site. The Gnostics were an ancient Xian heresy. Possibly their message was a bit nicer than the horrible stuff which became the mainstream (not just among Catholics) for so many centuries and still continues today, but at any rate it is somewhat irrelevant on a site for unbelievers

VINDICATOR

#11 Post by VINDICATOR » September 29th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Dear justme,
Before Adam and Eve ate of the Forbidden fruit, they didn't even realize that they were naked! See my joke at "God was a Jew".

Justme

#12 Post by Justme » September 30th, 2018, 1:05 am

I just don't like religion, because it cheapens humanity. The adherents think it exhausts them, but in their eyes it diminishes those who think beyond their faith. It's a black hole that makes anything and anyone else irrelevant.

I was born and raised as a Jehovah's Witness and it stunted every conceivable manner of personal and intellectual growth imaginable. It instills a warped sense of shame and an a crippling amount of guilt that is overpowering the the Nth degree. I know I've hurt several people who should never been hurt, just because I wasn't prepared by life experiences to meet them. You don't get life experiences from religion. You get a pocket universe filled with ideals that limit you to being a non-entity.

Justme

#13 Post by Justme » September 30th, 2018, 1:07 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear justme,
Before Adam and Eve ate of the Forbidden fruit, they didn't even realize that they were naked! See my joke at "God was a Jew".
They would've if The Garden of Eden was in Antiartica :laughter:

Sorry, I got a thing about religion. Sometimes humor doesn't go there. Anger does.

animist

#14 Post by animist » September 30th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Justme wrote:I just don't like religion, because it cheapens humanity. The adherents think it exhausts them, but in their eyes it diminishes those who think beyond their faith. It's a black hole that makes anything and anyone else irrelevant.

I was born and raised as a Jehovah's Witness and it stunted every conceivable manner of personal and intellectual growth imaginable. It instills a warped sense of shame and an a crippling amount of guilt that is overpowering the the Nth degree. I know I've hurt several people who should never been hurt, just because I wasn't prepared by life experiences to meet them. You don't get life experiences from religion. You get a pocket universe filled with ideals that limit you to being a non-entity.
I hope I can sympathise with you there, though I did not suffer from anything like this. We know several people who have been abused by JW (in one case, her father also sexually abused her). I don't blame you for being angry

VINDICATOR

#15 Post by VINDICATOR » October 5th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Dear Justme,
Einstein called the Bible "A book of fairy tails". I say that the Bible is a "joke book"! If you read the Bible objectively you can find dozens of jokes on almost any page. For example see Exodus 7: 8-12 and laugh over the snake contest! Better yet come to my "God was a Jew" etc. in the "Comedy Club" section. Try to be more light-hearted about it like the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. That's where I got my inspiration!
:) :D :wink: :laughter:

Justme

#16 Post by Justme » October 5th, 2018, 6:58 pm

People have called religion many things and those who are it's adherents always justify their actions by the supposed love that they are trying to spread by cruelty and violent means.
You can call these belief systems anything you want but they are still the most impenetrable barricades mankind has in it's arsenal to delude itself into believing one is superior to the next.

The one overwhelming truth in the human condition is the ability to self delusion and wither you have a belief system or not, you can always stoke the fires of tribalism and fear by concentrating that which separates us in any way instead of that which unites us. Personally, I would rather interact with others and carefully confront the self aggrandizing mental imagery of those who dabble in this insidious game of MY GOD WILL KICK YOUR GOD'S ASS. mentality, than make fun of it.

The one thing that always strikes me in all of this back and forth is the words of Fredrick Nietzsche
Beyond Good and Evil. "He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
Those words speak volumes when you look at the social political climate in the world today as it always has when dealing with religion. Hate has a way becoming justified by the supposed hatred of others. Just look at what is going on in my country right now with the right and the left at each others throats and much of that can be dropped at the door of religion. I hate you because you hate me and it is inconceivable to either that they may be wrong because neither side sees the other as anything more than Evil.

How is that not connected with religion?

The one thing that is overwhelming clear is that America was created a new religion called Ideology and their God is each other for believing in the produced infallibility of their own set of truths, because the only council they accept comes from those who think the same way they do.

I am not the judge of anyone. I'm not wise enough to control my own life and I submit my own abysmal history of stupid and reckless missteps as proof of that. What I am saying is this is why I try not to look at that which gives others a sense of being but try and challenge them to examine themselves before they examine others and see if they themselves rise to the level that they proclaim to others. In this I have failed so many times I can't count, so I am not preaching but sharing what I want to be for myself and submit that to others as a reasoning for my own actions.

I figure it is harder for those who actually want to bring something good into this world to point their fingers at others and much easier to see the manipulations of their supposed leaders when they examine what they are doing and what is being done in their name when they look into themselves and not at others.

Many people speak of what they love, but I don't consider that a defining feature as that is looking at the personality in it's best light. I would rather understand what they hate as it is in that light that we see just how ugly a person can be and the depths they will reach to show their own inhumanity.

VINDICATOR

#17 Post by VINDICATOR » October 6th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Justme,
I sympathise with you, religion is the worst disease of mankind. It creates more misery and murders more people than any plague. It is a super plague! Mankind has found a cure for almost all diseases, except for religion. Religion has infected at least 95% of humanity. Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin which saved the lives of at least 100 million people. Where is the "Fleming" who can find the cure for religion?

Justme

#18 Post by Justme » October 6th, 2018, 5:46 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Justme,
I sympathise with you, religion is the worst disease of mankind. It creates more misery and murders more people than any plague. It is a super plague! Mankind has found a cure for almost all diseases, except for religion. Religion has infected at least 95% of humanity. Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin which saved the lives of at least 100 million people. Where is the "Fleming" who can find the cure for religion?
There is no cure for religion, since there is no cure for the need that drives people to seek out that which religion provides, accept religion.

I once saw a sign that illustrates everything that is wrong about religion and that was, "Jesus please save me from your followers." Religion, by itself and taken verbatim from the very books it is preached from with all the restrictions that are placed there FOR it's followers and I mean FOR it's followers would be workable. There are restrictions to what religious people can do and not do when dealing with those outside their faith. The problem is that a good many of these religious people either cherry pick or rationalize their way around such restrictions and have turned religion into a social movement. The worst thing is that these people have merged with the conservative political movements that have weaponized religion by trying to legislate morality. Once that started they changed from preaching to those who wanted to be preached to to those who didn't.

The wars that have been fought over religion, through the years was never about religion, but about power just like any war that has ever been. The roll of religion in such wars was simply cosmetic, simple it only justified the demonetization that was necessary to drive whole groups of people to dislike other groups enough to attack them. There's nothing new about that. The only thing is that those who do this today have several hundred years of practice to work their particular form of madness to conclude things in their favor.