INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Talk to Yourself

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
jaywhat

Talk to Yourself

#1 Post by jaywhat » July 3rd, 2008, 6:05 am

You know, jaywhat, that carrot and coriander soup of yours was gorgeous.
Yes I agree, jaywhat.
It is clearly good for the brain because it has given me the idea of a talking-to-myself thread.
I am not at all sure of that, jaywhat. It might put people off carrot soup - and you always talk to yourself anyway. Who needs a thread?

Jem

Re: Talk to Yourself

#2 Post by Jem » July 3rd, 2008, 10:35 am

How can all these people want to get stoned on a weekday morning like this? Don't they have anything better to do?

Obviously not.

If they don't have jobs to go to, they should try a museum or art gallery to get some culture. Or maybe they are planning to do that and are just having a joint first to enhance the experience.

Now there's a thought.

Alan H

#3 Post by Alan H » July 3rd, 2008, 11:51 pm

But what's the point of banning tobacco in the coffee shops. The pot's not banned, but you can't roll one with a bit of baccy in it.

Perhaps they've also banned the caffeine in the coffee? Would they call then de-cafés then?

Then they're cleaning up the red light district. Is it going to be just a pink light district then? Maybe a green light district, or would that be the signal that anything goes? Back to red lights again. Amsterdam is a very confusing place...especially when you're stoned.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Bryn

#4 Post by Bryn » July 4th, 2008, 1:00 pm

I wonder if Alan and Jem have gone to Amsterdam together? It sounds as if Alan is there. Does this mean Maria has been left all on her own? I wonder if she'd like some company?

Alan H

#5 Post by Alan H » July 4th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Bryn wrote:I wonder if Alan and Jem have gone to Amsterdam together? It sounds as if Alan is there.
Unfortunately, no!
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

kbell

#6 Post by kbell » July 5th, 2008, 11:58 am

It looks like rain. I expect it will rain heavily on the Orange Walk through Glasgow today. LOL!
Kathryn

jaywhat

#7 Post by jaywhat » July 5th, 2008, 2:03 pm

It looks a bit like rain in Yorkshire but I think Wimblydong will be OK. I would like to see a bit of Brit hope Laura Robson in junior final (she is only 14) - I mean a bit of her play.........I know what I mean. Serving aces at 100mph and could be in adult game next year.

Alan H

#8 Post by Alan H » July 5th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Autumn wrote:It looks like rain. I expect it will rain heavily on the Orange Walk through Glasgow today. LOL!
How the hell did Autumn know that? Oh! It's Glasgow.

It did. I was properly attired for the occasion, but there were many young kids out in T-shirt and jeans in the pouring rain (and two teenage girls flying a kite in the rain!). I'm surprised we didn't get loads of hypothermia cases.
Alan Henness

Alan C.

#9 Post by Alan C. » July 5th, 2008, 11:13 pm

By Christ it was hot here today Alan, yesterday was bad enough at 22°C but today! 27°C! If it gets any bloody hotter we'll have to go further north.
I know!
Collecting strawberries in the pollytunnels, it's like having a sauna every morning, and keeping the brasiccas watered...............Well it's just a full time job, the cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli drink even more than we do.

OK, that's crap :redface: But I'm not well versed in "talking to myself" :smile: I usually have "in depths" discussions with my dog, (and NO that is not a typo, I mean, MY DOG.)
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Thomas

#10 Post by Thomas » July 6th, 2008, 5:14 pm

I wonder what the hell Alan H was doing on an Orange Walk. Could he be a bigot posing as a humanist?

And do Shetlanders measure the weather as percentages? 27% of what, I wonder.

thundril

#11 Post by thundril » July 6th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Some of these people seem to be adressing others whilst pretending to talk to themselves, don't I yhink that's odd-
yes, and a bit creepy
Shaall i try another room
OK, let's go
After you
No, i insist
o very wel
But that one that' dressed like socrates, or a prudish diogenes, shouls i mention...
and did i notice that...

jaywhat

#12 Post by jaywhat » July 6th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Do you think there are load of nutters on this forum, jaywhat?
Well I wouldn't say that. I mean who am I cast nastertiums and I don't look words when i am talking to myself asy ou know - or adjut the typos for that matter.

Nick

#13 Post by Nick » July 6th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Hmmm. I wonder if I can post something in this thread that no-one else agrees with and get away with it.....They can't answer back after all..... or at least I won't hear them.........cos they're talking to themselves......

Alan H

#14 Post by Alan H » July 6th, 2008, 7:57 pm

I have to talk to myself...I'm the only one who understands me. :sad:
Alan Henness

Jem

#15 Post by Jem » July 7th, 2008, 12:27 am

Oh oh oh oh oh a thousand and one cleans a big big carpet for less than half a crown.....................

DougS

#16 Post by DougS » July 7th, 2008, 6:00 pm

I wonder if Jem's feeling all right.

Ninny

#17 Post by Ninny » July 8th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Hello, Nina!
Hello, Nina!
How are you today, Nina?
Fine thanks, Nina; how are you?

Actually, this wasn't talking to myself - my dentist is called Nina. (She cradles my head in her bosom, which is probably why Jaywhat has switched to Nina from her male partner).

Nick

#18 Post by Nick » July 8th, 2008, 4:49 pm

I wonder if I should switch dentist......

Felicia

#19 Post by Felicia » July 8th, 2008, 8:56 pm

I talk to myself all the time so this is no different. Of course, there's no cradling going on at my dentist, but probably I should go more often, but I put it off so long that it gets embarrassing. (Thinks, must book an appointment soon) - I mean that's the kind of rubbish that fills my mind..... Today I've been mostly eating.... no I won't even admit it to myself. You don't really want to know the contents of my mind, believe me.....Oh bugger, here I go again, rattle rattle.... knock me on the head someone.

Jem

#20 Post by Jem » July 11th, 2008, 11:41 am

Why am I wasting time on this when I should be out sightseeing? Because I have a minging hangover.